Skip to main content

It's dizzy time!

You spin me right round, baby right round. Like a record player blah blah blah blah.

 This song has been stuck on repeat in my head all morning. Now maybe it will be stuck in your head too! You're welcome! Right now, my boys are gathering the mountain of books that need to be returned to the library and I'm taking hiding in the school room to take a quick break. From what you say? From the spin cycle.

Last week I wasn't on the spin cycle. I was focused. I was planning. I was preparing for the start of school. I was busy, sure, tweaking and modifying lesson plans, reorganizing, sewing curtains for the school room, because that just HAD to happen before Monday (just wait, there's a whole blog post coming about those curtains), but I wasn't on the spin cycle. I was focused on one thing and that was the start of school.

Monday came and it was fun and beautiful and everything I hoped. The boys didn't fight. Mama didn't bite anyone's head off. We learned, we celebrated. Lovely.

Then Tuesday came and with it brought a whole slew of emails that demanded my attention. Screamed for it really. Responsibilities. Obligations.  The rest of the world was back and asking that I participate again. It's the start of the school year and EVERYTHING we are involved in as a family seems to follow the school calendar. Seriously, everything seems to be starting this week and all of the last minute planning and events is making my head spin!

Some people would say that this crazy is my fault. Those people would be right. For the most part, all those emails were self inflicted. My JOB is educating my children so everything else that needed my attention yesterday was the EXTRA stuff. I have a need desire to be involved in lots of groups and activities and once involved I'm going to likely end up on the planning committee for said activity. It's what I do and I love it. I really do, just ask my husband. Anybody reading this that is involved with any of those activities, please hear me, I REALLY DO ENJOY IT! This is not a "woe is me" post. It's more of a "glimpse of real life" post. It just gets a wee bit crazy this time of year.

So, what am I going to do? I'm going to sit back. Turn up the Chipmunks and embrace the spin. My coffee and I will spin right round with the chaos. By the time September gets here we should be settled into a nice routine, until then, dizzy is good!

What about you? Does August make you dizzy?

Comments

  1. Dizzy is what we all need in our lives at least for short times

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry tea time with boys

In our home we can easily fill our days with busyness. With two little boys, life IS busyness. But the chaos that is the modern life can easily push that busyness into chaos. We have sports and activities on top of a educational plan that challenges each of the boys. It's easy to get lost in the challenge and tally up your successes. It's harder to slow down and find beauty and just savor a moment. In my heart I desperately want the boys to remember more than just their multiplication tables from our journey together. I want them to have wonderful memories of our time. So, I'm very diligent about making sure we have those opportunities. We take hikes, we ride bikes, we do science experiments, we build legos. Have you notieced a theme? We DO. In case you missed it earlier, boys are BUSY! (Disclaimer: I'm sure girls are too. I just have no frame of reference. Sorry) So, I have my hands full with these two little boys and then I read these lovely, I mean, Lovely, did you

Blast from the past

One of the things that Alex and I try to do on a semi-regular basis is go out on dates. Sometime, somewhere, I read that going out with your spouse once a week allowed you to continue to grow and build your relationship, especially once your children are born. That way, when your children are grown and out of the house, you are not sitting across from a complete stranger. Well, we certainly don't make it out once a week, but I think we do pretty good at least going once a month.

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe Book Celebration!

Last week I shared about our September book club party for Alice in Wonderland. This week I'm going to show you our November book party for The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe! I think this one was even more fun than the last! Since it was a wee bit colder around here in November, we opted to have this book club at our local library. They have a great story hour room that you can reserve for community events, and it works perfectly for our group. The younger siblings can wander back and forth between our event and the children's area of the library! Brilliant! As the children arrived, they got to go through a wardrobe! Ok...so maybe it wasn't a wardrobe so much as a clothes rack with long coats hanging on it, but that didn't stop the kids from going through it over and over and over! When they stepped through they were greeted by this loveliness! I had several trees situated throughout the room to create the feeling of Narnia! The white fabric at the base wa