- 2- 14.5 oz cans of chicken broth
- 2- 14.5 oz cans of stewed or diced tomatoes ( I use fire roasted)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 pkg of knorr vegetable mix
- 10 oz pkg of frozen chopped spinach
- 9 oz pkg of fresh tortellini or 4 servings of dried tortellini
- 1 cup italian sausage- browned
- Fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 4 cups of water
InstructionsIn a large soup pot, combine broth, tomatoes, water, garlic, and vegetable mix (or if freezing, add these ingredients to a gallon freezer bag and freeze). Bring to a boil. Add tortellini and cook according to package instructions. When tortellini is almost done, add spinach and sausage. Do not add it before to avoid it becoming more "stew" like. Add salt and pepper to your desired taste. Garnish with Parmesan and serve with salad and bread.
Also makes a great crockpot meal. Let soup mixture cook on low and then add tortellini, spinach and sausage according to instructions above.